Providing the highest quality careers information, 教育, advice and guidance is central to our vision is to ensure that every student is equipped with the skills, abilities and qualifications to pursue a fulfilling career. Our careers programmes begins in year 7 when we begin to explore options and raise aspirations in partnership with a wide range of post 16 and 18 providers and careers educators.
All young people are required by law to continue in 教育 or training until they are 18 and we are committed to ensuring that they are able to progress to the most appropriate post 16 option which might be at a sixth form or FE college, 学徒或实习.
There is a carefully tailored programme for every year group, which involves careers 教育 in lessons, 参观大学, colleges and employers as well as careers fairs and employer engagement days. Our strategy is designed to develop core skills for employability including personal, learning and thinking skills in enterprise, 解决问题和沟通.
We are very proud of our record in ensuring our students progress to the right destination post 16, and succeed on their chosen course by continuing to provide support from GCSE and beyond.
The 绿洲 Academy MediaCityUK Student 职业生涯 Entitlement
By the end of year 11 every student will have had the opportunity to access:
· Impartial information, advice and guidance from an independent, highly qualified advisor
· A programme for able and talented students who have the potential to progress to Russell Group universities
· Individual careers interview and action plan
· 职业生涯 events, college and university visits
· Support in writing personal statements/CVs
· Opportunities to work with employers and undertake work-related learning
· Support and guidance in applying for apprenticeships
· Additional support for students with special 教育al needs and disabIlities or who may face barriers to making progress post 16
Access for Providers of Technical Education and 学徒制
联系 Information: Any external 教育 providers, 培训供应商, or employers are welcome to contact the relevant staff member at the school 电子邮件地址.
Premises and Facilities: Appropriate rooming arrangements will be made to accommodate the events on the schedule above. Any specific requests can be made by external providers. Whilst we cannot guarantee that all requested provision can be made, we will endeavour to accommodate colleagues where possible.
How the Academy measures and assesses the impact of the careers programme on students.
- All students complete a careers questionnaire using the Xello website annually so that changes in aspirations can be mapped and programmes can be targeted.
- Student and staff questionnaire using to gauge student understanding of careers 教育 and the impact on their aspirations.
- Tracking of student destinations in Year 12 and for 3 years after they leave the Academy.
- The published careers information will be reviewed in July 2021